Wednesday, January 29, 2014

 
 
A cool thing was when Elder S. Gifford Nielsen came! (he is a member of the 70 a quorum of men who help lead the church under the leadership of the prophet and the 12 apostles.)
 
Anyway he talked about so many cool things like how "This is your time" to serve and make it the best YOU can with YOUr talents, YOUr personality in the way the Lord needs YOU. Also talked about the "Perfect day" and how we have the power to make even the worst day the "Perfect day" in the Book of Mormon in 3 Nephi 11 their is much destruction and hard times BUT it turns to the perfect day when the resurrected Jesus Christ comes to them. He also talked about how we can make today different...

He talked about courage and standing to say "I KNOW" in all times, and in all things, and all places. He asked if we knew that God is our Heavenly Father, if Jesus Christ is the son of God and the Savior of the world, if we know that Joseph Smith is a prophet called to Restore Jesus Christ's church on the earth... etc... He went through a few more and hypothetically said could you stand and say I know......... A little sister missionary near the far back of the room full of missionaries and leaders stood tall and proud and said (with a voice not of her own but reverent with the spirit...) "I KNOW!!!!..........

The entire group turned and looked back as she awkwardly sat down and Elder Nielson said, thank you!.... She wasn't sure where that came from or who it was that caused her to stand up. A few moments later her eyes filled with tears as she realized her love for this Gospel and for her own personal testimony, one that she always knew she had but needed a reminder once again. Those two words will echo through her mind for all eternity... Two simple words that mean so very much "I KNOW..."

So who was this crazy chick... Yah it was me... It changed a lot of things in me and helped me realize more for myself how much I truly do know for myself that these things are true! I want you all to know as those I love so dearly that I do know that these things are true! I wouldn't have done this mission, I wouldn't have stood that day and everyday, I want you to know that I will continue to stand now and forever to say "I KNOW." I will stand to the death for the things I know! I love this work and I love being a missionary, it is hard as can be but so worth it as you catch that glimpse into eternity!

Okay okay I am done now!! I love you all and hope you have a great week!!!!! 
 
Never fear to stand and say "I KNOW." 
 
"Awake, awake stand up." 
 
Awake, awake put on strength."
 
Isaiah 52

No comments:

Post a Comment