Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Merry Christmas

Hello dear friends and family!!!

Christmas week started off with a baptism for an AMZAING lady back in my old area, right their on Christmas eve and by miracle we made it over! BEST CHRISTMAS EVER!!

I hope you all had an amazing Christmas!! I know I did, it was a little hard to not be home but I got to video chat home for quite some time which was quite amazing!!! I got to see my... dogs and cat and house and oh yah my family!!! I love technology and the ability to see their wonderful faces AND hear that my brother is not yet taller than me... yet... Many tears and good talk later and we were off... Fastest moments EVER! But yet another amazing gift!!

We had Christmas dinner with a really nice family in the ward and then we went out to find our homeless friend and take him some clothes and Christmas dinner... We couldn't find him anywhere... SO said a lil prayer and then BAM there he was walking all alone down the road... We speeded up and flipped around. We told him to come and we would spend Christmas night all together... On our way we saw the Elders walking so we told them to join the party... It was great and helped me realize in a very real way (once again) the true meaning of Christmas. We read the Christmas story together and then just talked about Christmas and Enduring to the end and knowing through the Christ we can feel the comfort we need through the hardest trials.

I sat back and reflected on the day and thought of my love for the Savior and how happy I was to share this Christmas night with this dear man... I was very overcome with love for the testimony I have and the humble birth of the Savior! Wow, just wow! I know with all my heart that Jesus Christ is our Savior and he loves us so much! He is the ultimate gift from our Father in Heaveny and He gave us his Atonement which sets us free!

How was everyone else's Christmas? I hope it was wonderful and full of good memories and fun! Oh yes I have to brag a bit too I got some wonderful things including a card full of primary kids hellos from Colorado and a box of goodies from my ward family down in Florida!!! It filled me with tears as I went through that box and thought of those amazing family down down south out west and all over!! I am tearing up now just typing this! Once again I want you all to know how much I do love you and miss you! I hope you will never ever forget how much each of you have changed my life! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and hope you will have a wonderful new year! I am excited for the new year and the new beginnings! I have been thinking a lot of stories of new beginnings and what some of my goals will be as we have yet another chance to start a new bright beautiful year! Okay okay I am blabbering again! I hope you all stay safe and warm and hang in there no matter what!!

 Love,

Sister Michayla Egbert
 

No comments:

Post a Comment