Thursday, January 2, 2014

Oh how I love the Nativity...



"Jesus once of Humble birth."

10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you agood tidings of great bjoy, which shall be to all people.
11 For unto you is aborn this day in the city of David a bSaviour, which is Christ the cLord.
12 And this shall be a asign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,
14 aGlory to God in the highest, and on earth bpeace, good will toward men.
Luke 2:10-13


I know that Christmas is over but I really wanted to share this! Why? Because I love the Nativity! I am so grateful to have grown up in a home with God fearing parents that helped me to know the true and beautiful meaning of Christmas. I remember as the Christmas season rolled around the excitement of bringing out the Christmas boxes with my mother's various nativity scenes. She had different ones in different colors and designs. As a little girl I loved to unpack them so carefully and examine each character to ensure that it made it through another year of storage. I would then carefully place each character in it's rightful place with baby Jesus center. I remember sitting for long periods of time with the Christmas lights on and just looking at the tender little scene and trying hard with my little mind to picture what it would have been like to be a part of this humble and timeless moment.



This Christmas was unique from those of the past. This year instead of being a little girl at home with my dear family I had the chance to be far from home as a full time missionary for my Savior. Talk about a Christmas I won't forget. During this Christmas season I had the opportunity to go visit the Washington DC temple visitor center. There was a room that was filled with Nativity scenes from all over the world. My heart filled with joy as I thought back on my love for this humble little scene. I thought back on placing Jesus Christ so carefully at the center of our Christmas. Then I thought of my mission and the choice I have made to try my very hardest to put Christ so carefully at the center of my life and try to help others do the same in theirs. It has been something else. 


 I hope that as we enter into a new year we can all carefully place him in the center as a child would so carefully place him in the center of the Nativity. Think of him and his Atonement, think of his life and his teachings as you make goals for this new year and new beginning and remember the beauty of the Atonement and the gift of repentance which allows us to make EVERY day a new year!





These are pictures I took of some of my favorites from the visitors center. I wanted to share with you all how peaceful and beautiful and simple they are.





I have to say that is one is probably my favorite, this one which was a gift from some adorable little girls I once taught in primary. It is so beautiful and full of light.


I really hope you all enjoyed the pictures of the Nativity. I want you all to know that I love my Savior Jesus Christ and I know that he is the greatest gift ever given by our Heavenly Father. I know that Jesus Christ came to earth and suffered and Atoned for ALL our sins and pains and anything else we feel in this life! I know that he knows each of us and loves each of us so much! Most of all I know he lives and that we desires more than anything for us to come to him and cast our burdens his way! I know that it is a choice and that choice is a gift that will help us return to live in perfect joy and happiness with our Heavenly Father again!

 


I want to end with this scripture found in The Book Of Mormon in Alma 7:11-14:
11 And he shall go forth, suffering pains and aafflictions and btemptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will ctake upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.

12 And he will take upon him adeath, that he may bloose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to csuccor his people according to their infirmities.

13 Now the Spirit aknoweth all things; nevertheless the Son of God suffereth according to the bflesh that he might ctake upon him the sins of his people, that he might blot out their transgressions according to the power of his deliverance; and now behold, this is the testimony which is in me.

14 Now I say unto you that ye must arepent, and be born again; for the Spirit saith if ye are not born again ye cannot inherit the kingdom of heaven; therefore come and be baptized unto repentance, that ye may be washed from your sins, that ye may have faith on the Lamb of God, who taketh away the sins of the world, who is mighty to save and to cleanse from all unrighteousness.
I love you all and hope you all have a magical and wonderful day and a blessed and happy new year!!

-Sister Egbert 




No comments:

Post a Comment