Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Made a real "connection" to the Book of Mormon...

Well, well well.... What a week! I am pooped but so excited to be opening a new area in Vienna (so fancy) for sisters for the first time ever!

The ward here is amazing! 20 minutes after we moved in (to an empty apartment) members started bringing us food, furniture and everything else you could possibly need! I am so happy to here, but I really miss my companion and my Shirlington... I pray daily for those back in that amazing ward!

So I have a story for ya'll from our tracting this week! We knocked on a door and this very interesting man from Iran came and opened the door. He said he had a brain injury so we just stood there on the step and talked to him. We talked about Jesus Christ and his love for the Bible. He loves Paul and says "Paul is his drug" then we gave him a Book of Mormon and he was really excited... Then things got a little weird when he freaked out over a picture of Jesus we had... he started screaming and foaming at the mouth and screaming over and over JESUS IS THE LIGHT... Then he cussed us out we started to run away from his house... THEN he threw the Book Of Mormon at my head... Yah it hit and a minor head ache and a good story after... One of those moments where you just hide behind a bush with your companions and pray he doesn't find you... Then you laugh because you don't want to cry and try to figure out if that was real life with your companion... So that awkward moment when you have a copy of the Book of Mormon thrown at the back of your head....

Well that is my fun story for the week! I hope you got a chuckle! I know I did... Later....

As far as spiritual goes I know that no matter what the Lord will take care of us! I learn that more and more as I wait for this visa and I continue to "Go where you want me to go." I know he loves us and wants us to win! he gives us Commandments so that we can be free! Free from sin and from the pains of the world! Commandments are tools of Becoming! Becoming like the Savior and Tools of preparing... Preparing us to return to live with our Heavenly Father! If you read in the scriptures about commandments God himself and Jesus Christ follow them so why should we not? That just gives MORE reason we should! Besides they give us purpose and happiness!

Those are some of my thoughts from this week! I will let ya'll go!

I hope you have a magical day!!

I love you all so much!!!

Love Sister Michayla Egbert

No comments:

Post a Comment