Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Hey there friends!!

Another great week and I guess big snow today...We shall see... I have been sick this week which is really not fun but we keep on keeping! ALSO we got a flat tire, woo boy.... SO I took this chance as an opportunity to teach my companion how to change a tire... (Good thing my dad is awesome and taught me when I was little). When I called the mission office to go get the tire fixed the car guy asked what we did and I said "changed it......" he was so impressed and was all like "girl you must be from the country or something!" Well he's right! I have to say it was sort of fun changing a tire again, getting down and dirty... ANYway that was one of our many adventures this week.

We continue to teach amazing people and work really really hard to bring others closer to Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!! Many miracles heart breaks and good times. AND lots of food, we were fed very well this week.

I am sill learning so much more about good stuff and awe-ha moments!
I am finishing up my journey through gospels and it has been incredible! I have learned so much about my Savior and his life...I read one of my favorite chapters in Matt 18 I read about cutting off your arm that offends you and such...I thought of pride and how I want to cut it off and cast it away...... Which is not easy and is pretty painful but so worth it..... SO I have been thinking a lot about pride and the kinds of pride that I want to get rid of... one is the pride of hating on myself... When I am hating on myself I find myself sinking down into sad states of selfish thought and hatred for well, me... so I thought of this quote for myself.... "One of my greatest forms of pride is my own self doubt." MEE.... What do you think?? I think it's an interesting thought and a form of pride I didn't really see before. SO I want to work more to get rid of pride and keep my "eye single to the Glory of God." ALWAYS!

I must dash sorry so quick but I love you all so much!! I hope you all stay warm and safe!!!

Have a magical day!!!

Love Sister Michayla Egbert

No comments:

Post a Comment