Friday, February 21, 2014

The perfect day! Faith turned to Fact....

*FAITH-> 
             *DO->
                   *SEE->
                          *FEEL->
 *KNOW->
                             *TESTIFY->

 
The other day I was reading in 3 Nephi in the Book of Mormon! in 3rd Nephi the resurrected Savior comes to the people in the Book of Mormon in the Americas.
 
In 3 Nephi 11:15 There is a fun little formula for conversion, thus the super cute wording up top! I have been studying a lot about our purpose on earth and what we do to return to live with our Heavenly Father:
 
*FAITH->
First step to conversion is faith. We believe that the first principle of the Gospel of Jesus Christ is to have faith in him. In 3 Nephi 11 he has just appeared to the people. These are the people that believed in him and believed what the prophets had said about his coming! Even though he wasn't there, they know he lived. Faith is an action word you can't JUST believe and have it be enough you have to put faith into action....
 
*DO->
Then you have to DO! These people were good people that walked the walk and talked the talk. When the Savior invited them to come and touch the prints in his hands and side they went, they did NOT question. That is what the Lord asks of us... Come! We too often question... So we have faith then we DO... So we use that Faith as an action.

*SEE->
Which leads to SEE! The people in the Book of Mormon had faith before he came, then they Did as he commanded them and their eyes were open to see, not just physically but spiritually!

*FEEL->
With seeing we also feel. For me personally I don't really ever have the resurrected Savior standing before me, so I get confirmation with spiritual eyes and feelings of the spirit confirming to me that something I have asked about is true. I love the spirit because it knows us all so personally and perfectly. The spirit knows just how to touch each of us, in just the right way! IF we choose to listen. Are you listening?

*KNOW->
Alright so after we have had the faith, Done did, seen and felt then we should know! We should know with a sure firm conversion! When we know we automatically want... NO NEED to share.

At the end of these couple verses the people cry:

Hosanna! Blessed be the name of the Most High God! And they did fall down at the feet of Jesus, and did aworship him.
 
I love that because that is what I want to do EVERY time I get that confirmation that these things are true! I want to Cry HOSANNA and shout it from the rooftops!!! That is why I loved this little formula! Hope you will like it too!
 
*TESTIFY->
I want you ALL to know that I know that these things are true, I KNOW that the Book of Mormon testifies of Jesus Christ and I KNOW that it is true! I KNOW that if you will take the time to read it you will feel a peace like none other and I KNOW that Christ will come again! I know because I have taken the time to read, Ponder in my heart and ask! I have received my answer and I invite you to receive yours! I love this Gospel and I love all of you!
 
 
 
3Nephi 11:11-17
 
11 And behold, I am the alight and the life of the world; and I have drunk out of that bitter bcup which the Father hath given me, and have glorified the Father in ctaking upon me the sins of the world, in the which I have suffered the dwill of the Father in all things from the beginning.
12 And it came to pass that when Jesus had spoken these words the whole multitude afell to the earth; for they remembered that it had been bprophesied among them that Christ should cshow himself unto them after his ascension into heaven.
13 And it came to pass that the aLord spake unto them saying:
14 Arise and come forth unto me, that ye may athrust your hands into my side, and also that ye may bfeel the prints of the nails in my hands and in my feet, that ye may know that I am the cGod of Israel, and the God of the whole dearth, and have been slain for the sins of the world.
15 And it came to pass that the multitude went forth, and thrust their hands into his side, and adid feel the prints of the nails in his hands and in his feet; and this they did do, going forth one by one until they had all gone forth, and did see with their eyes and did feel with their hands, and did know of a surety and did bear record, that it was he, of whom it was written by the prophets, that should come.
16 And when they had all gone forth and had witnessed for themselves, they did cry out with one accord, saying:
17 Hosanna! Blessed be the name of the Most High God! And they did fall down at the feet of Jesus, and did aworship him.

No comments:

Post a Comment