Wednesday, June 18, 2014

CONFIDENCE!


 
 

 At the beginning of this year our mission presidents wife challenged us to pick a word to work on through out the year. My word I picked was Confidence. One thing I am working for is having confidence not only in myself but in the Lord. It's something I have always struggled with. Serving a mission is super good at telling you your weaknesses but also showing how you can make them into strengths. Ether 12:27 (in the Book of Mormon) explains really well: 

 27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them. Ether 12:27

Well one of many weaknesses I have been working on is Confidence especially as I have been waiting for a visa to go to Brasil, trying to speak a new language and as I have gone out to share the gospel with my brothers and sisters. It is the most important thing in the world to me but I do allow fear and over thinking overpower at times. I am grateful for the rough times that have caused me to have an increase on confidence in myself and in my Heavenly Father. I wrote this little poem as I was thinking about how to build my confidence and I was thinking of who I am and the things that give me confidence. My mind went to my Savior and his Atonement. It also went to my Heavenly Father and my divine role as a daughter of God. I am so grateful for the knowledge I have and the peace I feel through knowing what I know. I am Grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who sent his beloved son Jesus Christ to Atone for my pains, sins, etc... It is through him I have CONFIDENCE Alright I will hush now.... Enjoy!
 
CONFIDENCE!
By Sister-Michayla Egbert


Have confidence they said as she jumped out the car
You are strong and in his hands, and you will go far....

But doubt settles in as she enters the room,
Surely she thought there is only doom

I am not smart,
I can't do this part

I can hardly speak,
I am so very weak

I am goofy and slow,
I just cannot know.....

Have confidence they said in a letter from Bailey
We are so proud of you and what you do daily....

But doubt is so strong and thick in her head
And then once again she is so full of dread....

I just cannot share
They think I don't care

I am all full sin
From my toes to my chin

I am a fraud and a fake
Not one will partake....

Have confidence one said in a letter from a friend
Surely they say you have strength to defend

I cannot she thought
I am dumb and distraught

I am nothing and lame
I am all to blame

I have failed those I love
And failed him above...

Then a voice comes inside and enters her mind
It causes the dark to be left behind...

Have confidence He said as he cried in that garden,
Don't you ever let those voices allow you to harden

I went below all for you to be free,
I felt every pain cause I saw you are key

I am the son of our Heavenly Father,
And you my dear are His precious daughter

Have confidence in me and the truth that I bring,
Come unto me and let your heart sing

Have confidence I say as I knock every door,
Because of my savior I can go soar

I am smart I am bright
I am so full of light

I have strength to go share,
Because I do care

Alone I am nothing,
With him I am something

Have confidence I say as I testify and cry
The Atonement is real I will give till I die..

No comments:

Post a Comment