Tuesday, March 11, 2014

See the Becoming... A poem

 
 
 
Sweet sings the morning so bright and so clear,
After a night that was so full of fear.
 
Ribbons of color gleam through the sky,
As the birds come from winter all ready to fly.
 
The Lord has his hand in each creature and thing
You can tell in the dawning what each new day can bring.
 
I look for his touch as I sit in his stead,
And finally feel the peace I have longed in my head.
 
Peace of a new day and another tomorrow,
Peace he pleads only for me to come borrow.
 
He pleads and he begs that I come unto him,
But sometimes I allow my light to go dim.
 
Yet he stands there in wait knowing my mind
And giving the feeling I am not left behind.
 
I am never alone with my Lord at my stead,
No matter how dark the things in my head.
 
His atonement is real I will give till all hear,
How the Savior came and took upon him every fear.
 
This is what what I learn as I sit here alone,
And think of the blessing that one man atoned.
 
He took on all pains for you and for me,
He looked in my eyes and saw I was key.
 
There are tears in my eyes, a prayer in my soul
  That all will receive and come to to his fold.
 
There is a place full of rest where all may see
A place full of faith, hope and charity.
 
So come one and all receive of this dawning
Come one and all to see the becoming...
 
Poem by Sister Michayla Egbert

No comments:

Post a Comment