Tuesday, March 25, 2014

I knew it... I am a princess!!!!!




I am a child of God....





We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ,
and in the Holy Ghost. (Article of Faith 1)

All my life I dreamed of being a princess. Ever since I was very small I dressed up in the most beautiful nightgowns with the most beautiful crowns of card board with my prince Phantom at me side (silly puppy), ready to fight the evil bad guys who always wanted to capture the beautiful princess (me). These games of fun and imagination only seem like a story in the head of a child, and guess what they are, BUT they are also all true. I am a princess, I am beautiful because I am a daughter of God... 

As I have been reading through the the Bible and the Book of Mormon, I have been struck recently to share my love for just about the most basic doctrine of the entire Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. In fact this is one of the very first things we as
missionaries share with people when we share our message of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. That is that God is in fact our loving Heavenly Father. A beautiful simple truth that defines so much of what we are and what sets us apart from other religions.

Something that sets us as apart from other religions is that we believe that God is our loving Heavenly Father and that he wants us to be happy. We believe in what we call the Godhead. We do not believe that God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost are one being but that they are three separate beings, but one in purpose.


When Jesus Christ was baptized in the river Jordan there was a separate voice from heaven that proclaimed "This is my beloved son in
whom I am well pleased." (Matthew 3:17) The Holy Ghost descended separately as a
dove.

When Stephen was killed in Acts 7 he felt the Holy Ghost as he saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ standing on his right right hand...

"55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up steadfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand
of God,
56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God."(Acts 7:55-56)

In 1820 a young fourteen year old Joseph Smith knelt and prayed to
know what church to join he was visited by two separate personages.
God the father and his son Jesus Christ. He said:








"I saw a pillar of light exactly over my head, above the brightness of 
the sun, which descended gradually until it fell upon me..... When the light rested upon me I saw two Personages, whose brightness
and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other--This is My Beloved Son. Hear Him!" 
(Joseph Smith--History:16-17)







Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, Two different people, two different
bodies, two different personalities but one in purpose. That purpose "to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man." (Moses 1:29) Through that purpose they restored the church of Jesus Christ on the earth with the same priesthood power that the prophets and apostles of old had, the same power that Jesus Christ himself  was baptized and the same he used to preform miracles and his Atonement for us.

I know with all my heart that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and the
Holy Ghost are three separate beings with one eternal purpose. I know that when Jesus Christ offered up prayers of joy, sorrow, intersession, thanks, etc. it was to his loving Heavenly Father and not just to himself. I love this thought and the testimony in me that
I can have a relationship with three eternal beings they are truly my best friends.

As I have gone through life and had different experiences I have come closer to these divine friends. They have kept me going through all of the hardships and trials of life. It is through this knowledge that I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for us and there is so much more. Jesus Christ is central to this plan His infinite Atonement makes it possible for us to return home. There are many bad guys that will continue to try and tell us that we are nothing that we aren't princesses or princes, that you are not divine. As I grew up people tried to crush my childlike imagination but just like with my childhood games the bad guy never wins and the good king always wins in the end. 

We are all children of God and divine heirs to his kingdom, we are princes and princesses in a literal sense, we are all beautiful and loved by a dear father. I know that these things are true and that your Heavenly Father loves you. We are our fathers greatest creation, his greatest glory. I know that we are created for greatness so let us all do everything in our power to live in this royal name as a "child of God"... Let us live to be all our Heavenly Father expects of us. This is so special to me and I treasure this royal knowledge, God is my loving Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ is in fact his son and my big brother and the spirit the Holy Ghost is my companion to testify in my heart and mind that these things are true. 

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the
children of God:

17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with
Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also
glorified together.  (Romans 8:16-17)


Love y'all and have a magical day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment